Here are two FDA-approved systemic medications that Dr. Miller has used successfully in treating some of her patients that suffer from psoriasis. These drugs are given by injection.
- Amevive - Amevive (alefacept) works by blocking the activation of certain T-cells. patients take Amevive injections in a doctor's office every week for twelve weeks.
- Enbrel - Enbrel (etanercept) is a biologic medication approved for the treatment of psoriasis. It works by blocking a chemical messenger that causes inflammation. Patients take Enbrel at home by giving themselves an injection under the skin. Enbrel is designed to be taken continuously to maintain improvement.
- Related Links
- Psoriasis Foundation
- Services Available
- >> Acne
- >> Aging skin
- >> Allergic conditions
- >> Hair and nail disorders
- >> Hyperhidrosis / Sweating
- >> Psoriasis
- >> Retail Products
- >> Skin Cancer
- >> Warts & benign tumors
- >> Other skin disorders
- DR. MILLER OUT OF OFFICEJan 25, 2017 1:00 AM - Dr. Miller will not see patients in her office from 01/28/2017 - 02/12/2017. Please call our office to reschedule if you were previously scheduled to be seen during this time period. >> Read More
- RESOLVE TO TAKE CARE OF YOUR SKIN IN THE NEW YEARJan 01, 2017 1:00 AM - >> Read More
- KNOW WHEN TO COME IN FROM THE COLDDec 01, 2016 6:00 AM - Look here for information about skin ailments related to cold weather: >> Read More
- LAYERED LIVESNov 01, 2016 5:03 AM - There are times when the pages on the calendar seem to exfoliate faster than a maple in fall. One page after another and suddenly another year has flown by. Just as time is marked on your calendar, your skin marks the passage of time by shedding older layers to reveal the new below. The passing of time may be unwanted and seem scary, but the joy of the New Year is truly a blessing. It can be for your skin as well. >> Read More
- THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT REQUIRES THE FOLLOWING NOTICEOct 15, 2016 3:13 AM - DISCRIMINATION IS AGAINST THE LAW: Debra R Miller MD LLC complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. Debra R Miller MD LLC does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. >> Read More