Narrow band UVB phototherapy
Dr. Miller offers a narrow-band UVB phototherapy unit in her office for psoriasis patients who benefit from this type of therapy.
The following is reprinted from the web site of the National Psoriasis Foundation (NPF). This site is an excellent source of information about psoriasis and the types of treatments that can help those who suffer from the condition.
Several studies indicate that narrow-band UVB clears psoriasis faster and produces longer remissions than broad-band UVB. Narrow-band UVB may be effective with fewer treatments per week than broad-band UVB. Narrow-band UVB is also emerging as an alternative to PUVA, the light-sensitizing medication psoralen plus exposure to ultraviolet light A. Although not as effective as PUVA, narrow-band UVB is easier for people to undergo and may be safer over the long term.
The use of narrow-band UVB may increase as doctors and patients learn more about its effectiveness and safety and as the equipment becomes less expensive.
- Related Links
- Psoriasis Foundation
- Services Available
- >> Acne
- >> Aging skin
- >> Allergic conditions
- >> Hair and nail disorders
- >> Hyperhidrosis / Sweating
- >> Psoriasis
- >> Retail Products
- >> Skin Cancer
- >> Warts & benign tumors
- >> Other skin disorders
- DR. MILLER OUT OF OFFICEJan 25, 2017 1:00 AM - Dr. Miller will not see patients in her office from 01/28/2017 - 02/12/2017. Please call our office to reschedule if you were previously scheduled to be seen during this time period. >> Read More
- RESOLVE TO TAKE CARE OF YOUR SKIN IN THE NEW YEARJan 01, 2017 1:00 AM - >> Read More
- KNOW WHEN TO COME IN FROM THE COLDDec 01, 2016 6:00 AM - Look here for information about skin ailments related to cold weather: >> Read More
- LAYERED LIVESNov 01, 2016 5:03 AM - There are times when the pages on the calendar seem to exfoliate faster than a maple in fall. One page after another and suddenly another year has flown by. Just as time is marked on your calendar, your skin marks the passage of time by shedding older layers to reveal the new below. The passing of time may be unwanted and seem scary, but the joy of the New Year is truly a blessing. It can be for your skin as well. >> Read More
- THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT REQUIRES THE FOLLOWING NOTICEOct 15, 2016 3:13 AM - DISCRIMINATION IS AGAINST THE LAW: Debra R Miller MD LLC complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. Debra R Miller MD LLC does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. >> Read More