Basal Cell Carcinoma
Basal cell carcinoma is the most common skin cancer
Basal cell carcinoma (BCC) affects about 800,000 Americans each year.
The major cause of BCC is chronic exposure to sunlight,and, as you might expect, BCC's are most commonly found on exposed parts of the body such as the face, ears, neck, scalp, shoulders and back.
Although anyone with a history of sun exposure can develop BCC, people at highest risk are those with fair skin, blond or red hair, and blue, green, or grey eyes.
When removed promptly, BCC's are easily treated in their early stages. The larger the tumor, more extensive treatments may be needed. Although this skin cancer hardly ever metastasizes (spreads) to other vital organs, it can damage surrounding tissue and even lead to the loss of an eye, ear or nose.
For more information about basal cell carcinoma, please visit the website of --The Skin Cancer Foundation--
- Services Available
- >> Acne
- >> Aging skin
- >> Allergic conditions
- >> Hair and nail disorders
- >> Hyperhidrosis / Sweating
- >> Psoriasis
- >> Retail Products
- >> Skin Cancer
- >> Warts & benign tumors
- >> Other skin disorders
- DR. MILLER OUT OF OFFICEJan 25, 2017 1:00 AM - Dr. Miller will not see patients in her office from 01/28/2017 - 02/12/2017. Please call our office to reschedule if you were previously scheduled to be seen during this time period. >> Read More
- RESOLVE TO TAKE CARE OF YOUR SKIN IN THE NEW YEARJan 01, 2017 1:00 AM - >> Read More
- KNOW WHEN TO COME IN FROM THE COLDDec 01, 2016 6:00 AM - Look here for information about skin ailments related to cold weather: >> Read More
- LAYERED LIVESNov 01, 2016 5:03 AM - There are times when the pages on the calendar seem to exfoliate faster than a maple in fall. One page after another and suddenly another year has flown by. Just as time is marked on your calendar, your skin marks the passage of time by shedding older layers to reveal the new below. The passing of time may be unwanted and seem scary, but the joy of the New Year is truly a blessing. It can be for your skin as well. >> Read More
- THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT REQUIRES THE FOLLOWING NOTICEOct 15, 2016 3:13 AM - DISCRIMINATION IS AGAINST THE LAW: Debra R Miller MD LLC complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. Debra R Miller MD LLC does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. >> Read More