Skin problems vary considerably in severity and appearance. Most can be removed or improved with a minimum of pain and risk in Dr. Miller's office.
According to the American Academy of Dermatology (AAD), there are four reasons for performing skin surgery:
- to establish a definite diagnosis with a skin biopsy
- to prevent or provide early control of disease
- to improve the skin's appearance by removing growths, discolorations, or damaged skin caused by aging, sunlight or disease
- cosmetic skin improvement
- Curettage & electrodesiccation involve scraping away suspicious or unwanted tissue with a sharp surgical instrument called a curette. An electrosurgical unit may then be used to stop bleeding and remove a zone of normal tissue
- Surgical excision involves cutting into the skin, removing the growth, and then closing the wound with stitches.
- Biopsy means to remove a small piece of the skin for examination under the microscope and diagnosis.
- Cryosurgery involves the use of a machine that sprays liquid nitrogen directly onto the skin, or contacts the skin with an instrument, which freezes the tissue to be destroyed. Freezing can destroy cancer cells, and wound healing will occur with minimal scarring.
- Topical chemotherapy involves the application of a chemical, 5-fluorouracil, which destroys precancerous growths and sometimes cancerous tissue.
- Services Available
- >> Acne
- >> Aging skin
- >> Allergic conditions
- >> Hair and nail disorders
- >> Hyperhidrosis / Sweating
- >> Psoriasis
- >> Retail Products
- >> Skin Cancer
- >> Warts & benign tumors
- >> Other skin disorders
- DR. MILLER OUT OF OFFICEJan 25, 2017 1:00 AM - Dr. Miller will not see patients in her office from 01/28/2017 - 02/12/2017. Please call our office to reschedule if you were previously scheduled to be seen during this time period. >> Read More
- RESOLVE TO TAKE CARE OF YOUR SKIN IN THE NEW YEARJan 01, 2017 1:00 AM - >> Read More
- KNOW WHEN TO COME IN FROM THE COLDDec 01, 2016 6:00 AM - Look here for information about skin ailments related to cold weather: >> Read More
- LAYERED LIVESNov 01, 2016 5:03 AM - There are times when the pages on the calendar seem to exfoliate faster than a maple in fall. One page after another and suddenly another year has flown by. Just as time is marked on your calendar, your skin marks the passage of time by shedding older layers to reveal the new below. The passing of time may be unwanted and seem scary, but the joy of the New Year is truly a blessing. It can be for your skin as well. >> Read More
- THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT REQUIRES THE FOLLOWING NOTICEOct 15, 2016 3:13 AM - DISCRIMINATION IS AGAINST THE LAW: Debra R Miller MD LLC complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. Debra R Miller MD LLC does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. >> Read More